Just Judine Cranberry Herb Stuffed Turkey Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Total: 30 mins
Yield: 3 turkey logs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2 Cups Just Judine Cranberry Granola
2 Garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 Medium shallots, peeled and minced
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoon chopped thyme
6 Turkey breast cutlets, thin sliced (may substitute chicken cutlets)
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Sprig of fresh rosemary
1 Sprig of fresh sage
1 Whole medium carrot, peeled and chopped into fourths
2 Celery stalks, chopped into fourths
1/4 Medium onion, peeled and chopped into fourths
1/4 Cup unsalted butter,
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ Cup white wine, optional.
6 Pieces of butcher’s twine, cut into 6-inch pieces (to tie the turkey-log)
1. Heat a small sauté pan over medium heat; add one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and two tablespoons of butter. Add the minced shallots and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes until translucent, add the granola and chopped thyme. Cook over medium heat for an additional minute, without allowing to color. Remove, separate into thirds, and set aside.
2. On an even surface/counter, place the turkey cutlets between plastic wrap, pound each cutlet gently with a meat tenderizer tool. Remove the top layer of plastic wrap, season each cutlet with salt and pepper.
3. Join two cutlets together (side by side, with a slight overlay) to make one larger cutlet. Repeat until three larger cutlets are formed.
3. Add one-third of the Just Judine prepared granola stuffing onto the seasoned cutlet, fold into a log (similar to making a burrito), repeat until all three are formed into logs. Tie each turkey-log with butchers’ twine to keep them secured.
4. In a medium-large sauté pan, add two tablespoons of vegetable oil, heat over medium-high heat, and add the stuffed turkey-logs. Sear each turkey-log until all the sides are golden brown, remove the turkey-logs from the pan, and place them into a baking dish. Add the cut onion, celery, and carrot into the heated pan, sauté for two minutes, add the wine (optional), cook for one minute, remove from heat, pour sautéed vegetables over seared turkey-logs. Add 1/4 cup unsalted butter and the fresh herb sprigs, cover, place in a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove, allow to cool, slice, and serve with drippings from the pan. Enjoy!